Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Farewell Farm

We learned so many new things and did lots of fun activities during our farm unit!  Some of our favorites include:
 Making homeade vanilla ice cream - the kiddos said it was better than Blue Bell!  We saw first hand how a liquid (cow's milk) becomes a solid, and it was super exciting!  I did not get any pictures during this fun afternoon but a special thank you to Mrs. Becky, my mom, for coming and helping with the experiment!  
We celebrated Richard's birthday with yummy cupcakes and juice!  I hope you had an awesome day, Richard!
We made a farm fact book where we thought of facts about each farm animal and chose our favorite one to write.  Brayden, Jacob, Xitlali, and McKenna posing with their favorite page from the book:
 We also made a fun cow glyph where the kids decorated their cow based on themselves.  I'll have to get a picture of them tomorrow!
To wrap up our farm unit we read The Little Red Hen.  Our class loved the story, especially getting to "shake" butter and eat it on my "homeade" bread!  The girls and boys each worked as a team and made their own jars of butter.
  And here is Jacob spreading his butter and enjoying it!  Everyone thought the butter was yummy!
This week we start our two week color unit!  I think it will be one of new my favorites! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment